History of Frei & Borel
In 1930 Otto Frei, a master Watchmaker,
and his wife Alice, a renowned hairspring vibrator, began making &
selling watch parts
John & Otto
and repairing watches in San Francisco.
In search of warmer weather they soon moved across the bay to Oakland,
where the company headquarters is located to this day. Under the leadership
of Otto and Alice's son, John Frei Sr., the company became the leading
watch material supply house west of the Rocky Mountains.
the years, the company expanded its line of tools & supplies for the
precision industries. Many renowned scientists, including those who
developed the first LED & LCD electric watches, are customers of Otto
Frei & Jules Borel Co. Now officially Frei & Borel, the
company is still known around the world simply as Otto Frei.
Otto & John -
Today, the grandsons of Otto & Alice
Frei have continued the family tradition of fast and friendly service,
while expanding the product lines and services to meet the needs of the
always changing watch, jewelry, and precision industries. Along with watch
and clock tools and materials, we offer crystal fitting services, a
complete line of jewelry tools and supplies, a large selection of jewelers
findings, as well as watch bands, boxes and displays. If you are in the San
Francisco Bay Area please drop by and visit our main warehouse in Oakland.
Three Generations -
Today's Staff at Frei